Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Mid-Evil Festival


I am finally starting to feel a little bit at home and yet there is so much here that I don't understand or know about. Our Italian classes will start in mid September which I am excited about.

Last weekend we had some friends come up from Rome ( they are missionaries there and were a breathe of fresh air for me) and we all went to a mid-evil festival in a small town outside of Parma!! I have never been drawn to this kind of festival in the States but in Italy it was perfect . . . and the kids LOVED it!! What could be better then a "real castle" with knights ( and according to Maya a princess sleeping in the tower) - it was really enchanting! As magical as it was it is still a little lost on my kids though - Maya asked yet again if we could go to Disneyland tomorrow . . . . and she is talking about the one in California!! We took the kids last June and she has asked to go back at least 3 times a week since we went!!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

This looks so beautiful Julie! I can't wait to visit! I was making pasta a couple of nights ago and thought of you...

cnregan said...

Keep writing...love reading about your adventures. Miss you guys!
Cooper